Before You Visit
Before you head to your local bottle depot, here are a few tips to make your trip efficient and to maximize your refund:
- Ensure your containers are empty.
- Give the containers a quick rinse, especially milk containers.
- Leave tabs, lids and labels on.
- Flatten milk containers and jugs but don’t crush cans and plastic bottles.
- Confirm hours of operation at your local depot. Saturday is usually the busiest day.
- You can pre-sort and count containers. Depots will gladly do it for you, but if you separate containers by size (0-1 L and over 1L) and type (ie. glass, metal, plastic, juice boxes) before you go, it will mean a faster return.
And remember…please take home your boxes and bags for reuse – don’t throw them in the garbage!